We have been a family owned and operated business for over 62 years. We take great pride in the customer service that we offer and believe customer service has been the key to our success.
In November 1957, "The Fabric Shop" was opened in Paducah by Joe and Tula English and Jimmy and Rubye Feezer. "The Fabric Shop" became English's Sewing Machine Company in 1977 when the Feezors retired and sewing machines were added.
In 1970, Joe and Tula moved the business from Paducah to Reidland. Their son and his wife, Keith and Linda English joined the business around the same time. Sewing classes were soon offered and the Brother Pacesetter computerized embroidery machines were added. The family worked together to build the reputation for unsurpassed customer service, and honesty.
When Keith and Linda's son, Joel and wife Cassie graduated from college in 1998, they started working in the family business, and Miele, Sebo, Oreck and Fuller Brush vacuums were added. To keep up with a larger inventory and growing classes, Keith and Linda built a strip mall with new 8,000 square foot store and a warehouse in 2004.